Re: Remote sequence

From: Joe Nardone <joe_at_access4.digex.net>
Date: 1996/01/12

Jarle Nerland (jarlen_at_sn.no) wrote:
:
: I am trying to make a copy of a remote database
: into a PO7 database. Copying all the tables works
: fine when using
: CREATE TABLE PERSON
: AS
: SELECT * FROM PERSON_at_REMOTE.
:
: BUT HOW DO I COPY THE SEQUENCE'S IN THE REMOTE??
: DATABASE-
: ie, how do I start/update them with the right CURRVAL.

You need to query against USER_SEQUENCES and create a script to re-create the sequence (the MIN, MAX, INCREMENT BY, and most importantly LAST_NUMBER are all there)...

Joe

:
: Jarle Nerland, Oslo, Norway
: jarlen_at_sn.no
:
:

Joe Nardone <joe_at_access.digex.net>
"Now that I have my coffee, I'm ready to watch radar."