Re: Loading data with SQL*LOADER in Oracle 7.1 WGS SCO

From: Joong Uhm <jsu_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: 1996/01/12

Monique M Morris (mmorris_at_usc.edu) wrote:
: Hi,

: The way that we got around this problem was to first replace all the
: CRLF's in the datafile with some otherwise unused character
: (such as ~ or | depending on your data). Then we loaded the data
: into Oracle. We ran a script which replaced all the '~' with

      There is actually a lot easier way to do this: use the CONTINUEIF clause in the control file, so that embedded CRLF's will be read in as part of the string. This is a documented feature explained in the utilities manual.

   -Joong Received on Fri Jan 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message