Re: Loading data with SQL*LOADER in Oracle 7.1 WGS SCO

From: Monique M Morris <mmorris_at_usc.edu>
Date: 1996/01/11

Hi,

        The way that we got around this problem was to first replace all the
        CRLF's in the datafile with some otherwise unused character

(such as ~ or | depending on your data). Then we loaded the data

into Oracle. We ran a script which replaced all the '~' with CRLF. We did have an additional problem that the loader was not able to load these long fields along with all of the rest of the data simultaneously. We had to create a temporary table into which we loaded the long character data and its key information and then separately loaded all but the long field into the desired table. Then we had to UPDATE the desired table to include the long data.
(When I say "long" it was actually VARCHAR2(400) or larger...)
Hope that helps! -Monique Morris Sr. Oracle Application Developer Childrens Hospital Los Angeles