Re: MS-Access /Oracle ODBC problem

From: Ken North <kennorth_at_interserv.com>
Date: 1996/01/05

> rghosh_at_ix.netcom.com(Rajib Ghosh ) writes:
> I can successfully attach an Oracle table (created thru sql*plus ) and
> can view the data. I cannot do any insert , update or delete from
> microsoft access on the table.
> Can anybody throw some light into this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Rajib Ghosh
> rghosh_at_ix.netcom.com
> (303)-914-4370

Usually that is the type of behavior you see when you haven't defined a unique index. Access looks for a unique index where you want to do update, otherwise you'll only be able to read.

Ken North

Resource Group, Inc.
2604B El Camino Real, #351
Carlsbad, CA 92008-1214
FAX: 619-729-5127
e-mail: kennorth_at_interserv.com or 71301.1306_at_compuserve.com Received on Fri Jan 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message