Hot Backups

From: Jon Goldberg <jgoldberg_at_dbintellect.com>
Date: 1996/01/05

Hi,

   Has anyone experenced the following:

While running hot backups with a tablespace in begin backup mode had Oracle crash or shutdown in abort mode?!? When Oracle comes back up it requires Media Recovery. To me this is a BUG. Oracle does not have that documented. Why should Oracle care since all begin backup does is put a rom in the v$ tables and a marker in the redo log.

We are runing on two pyramid niles with Oracle version 7.1.3 (Will be upgradng soon to 7.1.6 then 7.2.2.4). With Paralle Server. If you have also run into this or know a way around this BUG please E-Mail me at jgoldber_at_dbintellect.com

                                             JDG