Experiences of using Developer/2000

From: John Saunders <John_at_gemini.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/01/05

Having won a contract recently, we will almost certainly use Developer/2000 to develop an Oracle based application. There is also the option to use Designer/2000 for the design of the application.

In the past we used the Yourdon method for the design of a similar type of system using Oracle, as this is a well known method in my company and we have people well experienced in its use.

However, the team used to develop this application was disbanded. So we will be creating a new team of about five people, from existing staff, most of whom are experienced in database development or design but with no prior Oracle experience.

What experiences do people have of using Designer/2000 ? Is it appropriate for small teams with little experience of Oracle ? What are it's pros and cons ?

thanks,

--
John Saunders