Dealing with size limitations in PL/SQL

From: Justina Seet <jseet_at_scscc1.scsnet.scs.com.sg>
Date: 1996/01/05

Problem

Two days ago, I encountered an error message : ORA-06501 PL/SQL :internal error,arguments :[ ] , [ ] , [ ] , [ ] , [ ] , [ ], [ ] while compiling my recomputation program.

Cause

I called Oracle hotline and found this out : PL/SQL compiler imposes a limit on program size. Programs that exceed the limit cause a "program too large" compilation error.

Solution

Between the BEGIN and END of a program, maximum 64K compiled code is allowed. The best solution to this problem is to modularize program by defining subprograms or packages.

Question

Does anyone know of another solution instead of having to divide my package into 2 or more packages ?" Received on Fri Jan 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message