Power Objects Reports

From: Mike Cooper <100256.603_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/01/04

Does anyone know how to order the detail records in a PO report. The PO Developers Handbook avoids the subject (look closely at the example report output - its not sorted).

I also have a problem sorting the records in a group header. There is a design feature which limits fields in each group header to the groupcol only. This is normally an arbitrary id. All the attributes of the id, such as the persons name have to go in an embedded form, even if they are available directly in the underlying query (I know I could specify the person's name as the groupcol but that is not an elegant solution). So how do I order the records at each header level on anything but the groupcol?

Thirdly, in a report with two grouping levels each with an embedded form, I can only get one embedded form to display data at a time. To get them to work in the first place I have to add the groupcol column manually to the recsrcaddcols property, but only the first specified column name in the property seems to be used. If I swap them around the embedded form which displays data also changes.

Any ideas on the above would be welcome. The next version of PO will be V2 available second quarter 1996 so we have to wait a bit longer for the real thing. - Mike Cooper

--
Mike Cooper