Re: Oracle on MAINFRAME ?

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corp. <bmanry_at_ibmgate-aix.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/12/27

Andrel (andrel_at_nessie) wrote:
>Is there anyone out there, wishing to share his/her experiences with
>Oracle on Mainframe? Is this a real product ? Since when and on what
>kind of iron ? Performances ?Oracle support (do they understand
>mainframe-ish ?)

Andre,

 Oracle for MVS began shipping in June 1986 (version 5.0 of the database product). The current (Oracle7) product runs on MVS/ESA V4 and V5 and is quite robust. We even support the Parallel Server feature in full in a Sysplex configuration. Attachment support is provided for TSO/batch, CICS, and IMS/TM as well as extensive client-server capabilities via Oracle SQL*Net for SNA/APPC and TCP/IP.

 Hope this helps,
/b

--
Bill Manry  -  Mainframe and Integration Technologies  -  Oracle Corporation
Standard disclaimer applies.