Re: Oracle on MAINFRAME ?

From: Howard Fujimoto <hmf00_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/27

In article <4brcfe$f3m_at_zebedee.ingres.co.uk>, andrel_at_nessie (Andrel ) wrote:

> Is there anyone out there, wishing to share his/her experiences with
Oracle on Mainframe? Is this a real product ? Since when and on what kind of iron ? Performances ?Oracle support (do they understand mainframe-ish ?)

> --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Andre
De Locht
> Computer Associates Belgium/Luxembourg
> PHONE : (32) 2 773.28.11
> FAX : (32) 2 762.73.59
> E-MAIL: andrel_at_ingres.com

Oracle has had their mainframe version for quite a while, I've used it since 1989 on V5.1. Depending on
what you have in mind (forms, oci, imbedded sql, etc), Oracle support may or may not know what you're
talking about. I was the dba on a very large support application for a major mainframe vendor and most
of the applications were Oracle based (a network of Suns with local databases connect through sqlnet to
mainframe db on mvs). Performance was very good, once you get passed normal Oracle quirks. The majority
of the apps were written in C or S390 assembler using OCI and imbedded sql. Received on Wed Dec 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message