DOS Functional Equivalent of UNIX Environment Variables (What is the)??

From: Wayne Little <R_W_Wayne_Little_at_rl.gov>
Date: 1995/12/15

We're programming in Oracle Forms 4.0. (first mistake) Second is our application has to work on PCs and X-terminals (not our fault).

How do we point to a variable directory (for development, test, production, etc.)? On UNIX, we've always used environment variables. When we ask about using some kind of environment-variables on the PC, all our PC-gurus can tell us is "Good luck!" ANY IDEAS? Is there any kind of a C-like conditional compilation faciltiy? Help...

Actually our question is two-fold
1) How do we do the DOS equiv. of UNIX environment variables 2) How do we doit and (ideally) have a single source file structure  that points to a variable directory and can compile on both Windows  PCs and X-Terminals/UNIX.

(We want to have a single set of source modules for our Oracle Forms
    applications that must run on BOTH PCs with Windows and X-Terminals
(UNIX based server).)

Please send suggestions, solutions, etc. directly via e-mail and I will summarize back to the group.

ADVthanksANCE
Wayne Little, Boeing Computer Services - Richland Internet: r_w_wayne_little_at_rl.gov "God loves each of us, as if there were only one of us." Augustine Received on Fri Dec 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message