Oracle Sql-plus question

From: Albert W. Dorrington <awdorrin_at_kocrsv01.delcoelect.com>
Date: 1995/12/06

        I thought I had figured this out once before, but I can't seem to remember right now.

        Is there a way using an sqlplus query to have an order by clause actually order the numbers in numeric order,
(1, 2, ... 10, 19, 20, etc) instead of its strange ordering
(1, 10, 19, 2, 20, etc)

	Thanks in advance,
				Al

--
Al Dorrington
awdorrin_at_ictest.delcoelect.com                     Database Admin