** Auditing For Logon Time & Logoff Time ?

From: Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1995/12/06

I am wondering if it is possible to use auditing - session, to capture when a user logged on and logged off?

What are the performance issuses if any?

Background:

I have users that connect via FORMS 4.5.6 and SQL*NET through a modem connection. I was going to (infact I did) create a connect_history table and have forms log the users connect time and date etc when the form started. Then I realized that if the user diconected their modem without exiting the program correctly that I would not be able to get their logoff time.

Now I am looking for a way to track logon time, logoff time,user, and if the session is idle wheather that is due to the user not doing anything or the modem connection having been broken?

If anyone has experience with these issues please respond. All response welcome.

Craig Harper
IFTN
415.583.4528 Received on Wed Dec 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message