Re: Any experience with PowerObjects?

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1995/12/03

In article <49ht4g$tna_at_venere.inet.it> Fabio Bertolotti, fbertolotti_at_icare.it writes:
>What about learning curve, performances and robustness?

It's easy to learn if you've written database applications previously, but the manuals are not so good.

Performance is okay, but it needs a lot of memory to run.

The Mac version is very unreliable. The Windows version is much better.

>Is it worth its price? (really high in my opinion).

For us, yes. We have an Oracle server, and a lot of Macs with a few Windows machines here and there. Plus, development is very quick (when you're not fighting bugs in OPO itself).

Phil Herring                                         revdoc_at_uow.edu.au
 (c)1995 Phil Herring. This article may not be reproduced for profit.