Re: Any experience with PowerObjects?

From: Jay M. Martin <bazaar_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/03

In article <49ht4g$tna_at_venere.inet.it>, Fabio Bertolotti <fbertolotti_at_icare.it> wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm evaluating PowerObjects client server edition for both Macintosh and
>Windows.
>Does anybody have any experience with it?
>What about learning curve, performances and robustness?

I've been using it for a couple of months, and it's very nice. It is version 1.0, so there are bugs. However, Oracle, being who they are, will fix these. It is pretty much object-oriented, and easy to learn, if you get the right books. The documentation with OPO, IMHO, sucks. Get a book called "Oracle Power Objects Handbook" by Kolste & Petersen (ISBN #0-07-882089-8), it will be a GREAT help. There are a couple of others which should be out really soon also.

>Is it worth its price? (really high in my opinion).

Really high? I think the CS edition, at $1395 (or close) is pretty reasonable. I don't know what PowerBuilder or Delphi cost, but I don't think they are cheaper. And $99 (for a limited time) for the standalone version is incredible! Remember, any version will create a Royalty-Free standalone application with unlimited distribution rights.

I don't think you can go wrong with OPO.

--
| Jay M. Martin             |