hung oracleorac, iap process

From: Julius Lin <julin_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/03

       Is there any built-in function in Oracle which can clean hung iap and oracleora process in HP-UX ?
Oracle's PMON and SMON only clean disconnected iap processes from its table v$process, but Oarcle has no priviledge to kill hung oracle processes in HP-UX side. we wrote a Pro*C program to check wether a process still alive in Oracle and a shell script run by root in crontab to kill related hung process.

       I just wonder how other people deal with the problem, if a hung process still listed in the output of command "ps -ef" it will consume lots of CPU resource.

       Thanks. Received on Sun Dec 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message