Re: Win95,SQL*Net 1.x, TCPIP

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/11/30

Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com> wrote:

>We have been running the 16-bit version of SQL*Net on Windows 95 since
>August. It works just fine. (We are still waiting for the 32-bit
>version so we can use Microsoft Office 95 applications with ODBC to
>access our Oracle databases.)

With the 16-bit SQL*Net, if you have an application that issues a blocking sql*net call (i.e. would hang the PC under Win 3.1 until it finishes), are you able to switch those tasks into background and continue working in Win95?

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!