Re: Win95,SQL*Net 1.x, TCPIP

From: Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1995/11/30

Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com> writes:

>With the 16-bit SQL*Net, if you have an application that issues a
>blocking sql*net call (i.e. would hang the PC under Win 3.1 until it
>finishes), are you able to switch those tasks into background and
>continue working in Win95?

The entire Windows 95 machine still blocks until the server returns some result. The classic case is submitting a SELECT query from SQL*Plus. Your machine hangs until the first record of the query returns. For this reason alone, I look forward to someday moving all Oracle client code to 32 bit versions.

  • Rick --

(Rick Rutt is a system architect living and working in Midland, Michigan.) Received on Thu Nov 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message