Re: Development Environment under Oracle

From: Brian Graham <GrahamB_at_psac.com>
Date: 1995/11/27

In article <4919c7$l0c_at_intp1.columbus.co.za>, stef_at_columbus.co.za (Stef Viljoen) says:

>We have just recently converted to Oracle and are experiencing problems
>with the setting-up of our development environment. Our requirements are
>as follows:

> 3) An environment where applications can undergo final compilation
> and where the database should be an exact copy of the production
> database, but without any data (an empty shell).

> We are now batteling to
>get the empty database (point 3 above) in place. We have tried exporting the
>production metadata but the storage parameters are included in the export.
>These can be edited out but it is a very time consuming job.
>
>Any ideas of how to handle this?

You can use import to redefine your tables in another location, using the storage parameters from your production data. Conversely, if you just want table definitions without the space requirements of your initial found in the export, then just reissue the create statements for the tables. If you don't have them, use the DBA tables to extract your table definitions.

--
Brian