Re: Visual Basic to Oracle

From: jeffb_at_sky.net <(jeffb_at_sky.net)>
Date: 1995/11/27

joshaugh_at_uk.oracle.com (Jamie O'Shaughnessy) wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Nov 1995 11:47:52 UNDEFINED, csmall_at_HypBus.Com (Caleb Small) wrote:

>>Can someone please help me with a technical question?
>>
>>We need to use Visual Basic as a front end for an Oracle 7 database. We have
>>tried using ODBC to accomplish the connection, but found it to be unreliable.
>>It generates various errors and crashes the client machine often.
>>
>>What other tools and options exist for connecting Visual Basic to Oracle 7?
>>
>>I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has successfully accomplished this.
>>
>>Thank you.
>>
>>Caleb Small
>>csmall_at_HypBus.Com
>>

>I'm not too sure about this but I think there are some Oracle OLE data access
>objects for VB, I think they come with Personal Oracle 7.

>Have you considered looking at the latest version of Designer/2000 as it can
>generate Visual Basic code for you.

>Cheers,
>Jamie

I missed your original posting.
You could use the OCI libraries (from Oracle) from within your VB code.

Jeff B. jeffb_at_sky.net Feel free to send money. "By George, and I think I have enough money to buy George."  --Thurston Howell, Gilligan's Island Received on Mon Nov 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message