Re: Power Objects Questions

From: Rick Greenwald <greenie_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1995/11/17

Jay

>theRecordSet.SetQuery("SELECT FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME FROM AUTHORS WHERE
>AUTHORID = 1")
>'More stuff here.
>
>However, when it attempts to run, it always identifies the SetQuery line
>as being an invalid property. Does anyone know what this is all about?

It looks like you are missing the second parameter for the SetQuery() function, which is a boolean which determines if the recordset is updateable or not.

>BTW, I've seen several references to books "about to be out".

I believe that would be the "Oracle Power Objects Developer's Guide", of which I am a co-author. It's from Oracle Press, ISBN 0-07-882163-0, and should be in fine bookstores in mid-December. thanks for the opportunity for the plug!