Re: ODBC ODBC ODBC ODBC UGHHHHHHH!!!!!

From: Eric Ebinger <ebinger_at_alfie.drc.com>
Date: 1995/11/03

lefkogt%rr%usafa_at_sc4199.usafa.af.mil (Gary T Lefko) wrote:

>On client side:
>
>Win 3.1, TCP/IP s/w, ODBC driver for Oracle7 for Win 3.1, we created a
>data source with connect string '128.236.201.2admis' (tried
>128.236.201.2:admis, also).
>
>Installed Oracle products:
>GUI common files, installer, net manager, required support files, SQLNet
>2.0.15.0.3, and tools and utilities.

Add TCP/IP Adapter and OCA (Open Client Adapter)

>What can we do to get a working ODBC connection? This shouldn't be rocket
>science...we are totally frustrated and me personnally our DBAs no nothing
>about ODBC connections (or Oracle admin, for that matter). I have
>received some help but to no avail. I'm beginning to think this is an
>impossibiity but I know it works because one of our personnel did it with
>SQLnet 1.1 to Oracle6.
>
>Help

OCA is what does the ODBC to SQL*Net translation. If you look in the oracle directory structure /Orawin/oca/odbc10 you will find a file readme.wri that tells how to set things up. Have fun.

Eric Ebinger Received on Fri Nov 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message