Re: SQL*Net V2 Question

From: Robert W. Swisshelm <swisshelm_at_lilly.com>
Date: 1995/11/02

I don't use network manager, so I don't know how to tell it to do this.

Do to in manually, duplicate all of the listener entries in your listener.ora file. Change the 'listener' name on the second set to some other name. Change the port number on the second set to something other than 1521. You can't have 2 listeners listening on the same port.

You have to start the second listener by name.

    lsnrctl start listener2

The tnsnames.ora entries at the clients that you want to use listener2 will need to be changed to reflect the new port number.

--
Bob Swisshelm
Eli Lilly and Company