Re: Q: ODBC vs GLUE ?

From: Pok Yong Chee <dz930_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 1995/10/27

In a previous article, gapinski_at_lerc.nasa.gov (Gary Gapinski) says:

>In article <46is7d$o41_at_madeline.ins.cwru.edu>,
>Pok Yong Chee <dz930_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu> wrote:
>>

>>In all cases here, I am accessing an Oracle db.
>
>I recommend neither (although ODBC might be used indirectly by some
>other tool, such as Microsoft Access).
>
>Regards,
>
>Gary

Thanks for the info. I should have added this information:

	I am working on a small application for Windows to
	access the Oracle server on a Unix box.
	Does this information affect the statement above.
	And maybe why?
	What other conduits would be better? (reliability is important)

Thanks again.

--

PY.Chee