Q: ODBC vs GLUE ?

From: Pok Yong Chee <dz930_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 1995/10/24

Hi,

I am just getting more and more confused in this db world of networking. As I understand it, ODBC allows one to access different db using the same program. GLUE is an Oracle product designed specifically for an Oracle db.

  1. What are the advantages(and disadvantages) of the two products/methods?
  2. Since ODBC is generic, may I assume that GLUE would perform better?
  3. Both GLUE and ODBC would still need to go through Oracle network, i.e, SQL NET?
  4. Does ODBC provide all the tools to manipulate a table, db?

In all cases here, I am accessing an Oracle db.

Well, Thanks for reading and/or responding.

Thanks, Chee
GO TRIBE!!!!

--

PY.Chee