Re: Dev 2000 Under Oracle Win95 Beta

From: TSims <TSims_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 1995/10/26

jeyaram_at_planet.net wrote:

> In order to user FORMS 4.5 (Dev 2000) with Oracle
 Win 95 Beta.
> What other products need to install. Products like
> *--- Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb
> - System Support files
> - Tools Utilites
> - SQL*net TCP/IP
> - ORACLE TCP/IP Adapter
> - GUI common files
> - Sql *Plus 3.1
> eg. when I try to install, installer asking
 do you want install
> Microsoft re-distributable support files
 etc.

I don't consider myself qualified to provide a detail list of what you need or don't need to install. But I can say that there are some components that you may not need. If you aren't going to attach to an external Rdb database then you could probably pass on the Rdb ODBC driver. SQL*net is only necessary if you have an Oracle database on a network server that you want to connect to. The TCP/IP Adapter would be installed also, if this is the case (provided you are using TCP\IP as your communication layer). I'm not sure exactly what is in the other groups but I would think you would want System Support, Utility Tools, GUI, and SQL Plus (although I see no need for installing both 3.1 that comes with Dev200 and 3.2 that comes with PO7W95).

I hope this helps,
Tom. Received on Thu Oct 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message