Re: Report Writers

From: Randy Dewoolfson <randyd_at_cais.com>
Date: 1995/10/26

Glenn Stauffer (stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu) wrote:
:
: As part of a system implementation, we are looking for report writers for writing large batch-type reports (pay checks, budget reports, etc. - distinct from user ad-hoc reports). We are currently looking at SQR which others in a similar environment use
 very successfully. I am seeking suggestions about other tools that we should look into.

SQR is a very nice choice. In the same line, consider Pro*COBOL (with MicroFocus COBOL). It is entirely report flexible, and meets your list of requirements... (You might still be able to find some programmers who even admit to knowing the language ).

:
: Some of the things I consider important:
:
: - rapid design and deployment of reports
: - close integration with the Oracle database (ie, ability to use PL/SQL, etc)
: - strong market position and corporate backing
: - continued commitment to Oracle
: - cross-platform (wish-list, not a must-have)
: - ability to coexist nicely in an Oracle FORMS environment.
:
: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
:
: Glenn Stauffer
: DBA
: Swarthmore College
:
: --
: Glenn Stauffer

--
  .?$" '?i     .                              I  Randy DeWoolfson  I