Report Writers

From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: 1995/10/20

As part of a system implementation, we are looking for report writers for writing large batch-type reports (pay checks, budget reports, etc. - distinct from user ad-hoc reports). We are currently looking at SQR which others in a similar environment use very successfully. I am seeking suggestions about other tools that we should look into.

Some of the things I consider important:

  • rapid design and deployment of reports
  • close integration with the Oracle database (ie, ability to use PL/SQL, etc)
  • strong market position and corporate backing
  • continued commitment to Oracle
  • cross-platform (wish-list, not a must-have)
  • ability to coexist nicely in an Oracle FORMS environment.

Glenn Stauffer
DBA
Swarthmore College

--