Re: DB_NAME in init.ora

From: Barry Roomberg <barry_roomberg_at_iacnet.com>
Date: 1995/10/26

Joe Gard <76546.2161_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>The only to change the name is to recreate. You are correct inassuming that
>you would need to export the database, delete the database, then re-create.
>It is not the most convienant solution ... but it is the only way.

WRONG! (I'd say it a bit stronger but I don't want the obscenity sniffer coming down on me).

You can rename a SID by recreating the control file via the CREATE CONTROLFILE command.

I do this all the time because I do a file copy of the database files to create a "production" version of the database, and recreate the control files to rename it. Received on Thu Oct 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message