Re: The so called 'Consultants' from India

From: Rahul Anand Narain <narain_at_sky.net>
Date: 1995/10/12

Khan,

        Managerial incopmetency has nothing to do with race or sex.

> You are are embarking on a typical Indian stunt of attacking the
> attacker rather than try to clarify that she is saying.

        Exactly. My point. Re read my post. If needed use the following tools. A crewdriver to open your skull. A vaccuam cleaner to remove garbage. Then go study along with your kids. They might teach you a thing or too.

> How many managers today know when Powerbuilder was released on the
> market?, we work with Gupta products, and when I was hiring a
> consultant last year from England, she told me she worked with Gupta,
> products for the last 7 years, should I be like you and doubt the seven
> years?,

        What ? Like me.

 actually I did, but then we have a in-house Gupta guru who
> thinks Gupta has been on the market since 1989, but the products have
> been on beta since at least 1987, and since this lady used to work with

> a Gupta partner, we gave her the benefit of the doubt.

> I do not know what your profession is, or, even if you are a student,
> all I am saying is, do not start attacking the integrity of a manager
> like Sandy Sears, lets put it this way, atleast she gets quoted widely
> in the computer press, and, you and I do not.

        Son, reread the post below......My wager has tunred into a betting pool. With people of multiple nationalities indulging in it. It is primarily on

  1. Sandy is fresh out of college.
  2. One to two years exposure and never been a team lead.

        Reread it and ye shall be made the prophet......It is pretty specific interms of shredding her/his arguments.....

        Though I am now quite tempted to believe that it was you.

> In <45f9bg$mk1_at_alpha.sky.net> Rahul Anand Narain <narain_at_sky.net>
> writes:
> >
> >an404544_at_anon.penet.fi wrote:
> >

> >> I am a project manager at a fortune 100 bank based in Boston. I have

> >> the sole ownership of about 30 different client/server systems
> >> globally, most of these are built around Powerbuilder and Sybase. As

> >> you can imagine with a setup this big, we always have a number of
> >> outside consultants working on various projects.

> >> I recently decided to hire 20 consultants from a firm from India,
 this
> >> firm the name of which I would not say publicly is supposed to be
 THE
> >> consulting firm of India, and has a number of U.S and European
> >> companies as their clients.
> >
> > This speaks of the common malaise of a lot of managers who
> > have risen up the ranks or are basically incompetent but
> > politicaly shrewed.
> > Though I seriously doubt that you are managing
> > "about 30 different client/server systems globally", in the
> > case that I am incorrect your bank has process problems
> > in appointing managers.
> >
> > What I write below is to point out your mistakes from your
> > post. Rectify them and you should be getting results.
> > For specifics, if you send me your *postal address*
> > , I could offer you professinal advice as opposed
> > to flames ;-)
> >
> > Anyway, your errors in judgement follow....
> >
> >> all. Although, a lot of the resumes did indicate they have MSc
 MCA(god