Re: The so called 'Consultants' from India

From: Aseem Gupta <aseem.gupta_at_medtronic.com>
Date: 1995/10/12

SK:

>It appears to me, and, I am sure a majority of other readers that Sandy
>is trying to convey to us that Indians lie thru their teeth, lets shut
>up and accept it.

You certainly are biased. Otherwise you can't generalize a statement like this.

>How many managers today know when Powerbuilder was released on the
>market?, we work with Gupta products, and when I was hiring a
>consultant last year from England, she told me she worked with Gupta,
>products for the last 7 years, should I be like you and doubt the seven
>years?, actually I did, but then we have a in-house Gupta guru who
>thinks Gupta has been on the market since 1989, but the products have
>been on beta since at least 1987, and since this lady used to work with
>a Gupta partner, we gave her the benefit of the doubt.

There is no reason to doubt anybody for what he/she claims but who stops you from taking a thorough test of knowledge ? After all, final judgement is yours. Of course, you should be knowledgable enough to give a proper test.

It happens so often with me .. I get an offer without a technical interview. Why ? Simply because the person taking interview is not competant enough. If people sitting at top as Managers don't know the subject, why do you blame consultants for it ? You have to either enhance your own knowledge or give them the benifit of doubt.

Aseem Received on Thu Oct 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message