Re: Question about tables and tablespaces

From: Roger Snowden <snowden_at_haven.ios.com>
Date: 1995/10/09

chichou_at_xanadu wrote:
: Hi,

Hi back at ya.

: 1. Is there a way that I can tell what tablespace a table is on?

dba_tables has this info. eg
  select owner, tablespace_name from dba_tables where table_name= 'whatever';

: 2. How can I know what tables in a specific tablespace?
Similar deal:
Select owner, table_name from dba_tables where tablespace_name= 'whatever';

: 3. How can I let the redo log file online for a tablespace
Huh? Do you mean rollback segments? If so, use sqldba or server manager. Redo logs themselves are for the entire database. They are alive and active when the server starts.

: 4. Are there any pre-defined stored procedures that I can query
: the tablespace or server information?
do a describe on dba_tables, dba_tablespaces and anything else that strikes your fancy that is listed in the SQL language quick reference (toward the back), or the Administrators Guide, appendix B.

: Thanks a lot!

You're quite welcome

Roger Snowden
snowden_at_haven.ios.com
snowdenr_at_boystown.org Received on Mon Oct 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message