Re: Question about tables and tablespaces

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1995/10/02

In article <CHICHOU.95Sep28123846_at_xanadu> chichou_at_xanadu writes:
>Hi,
>
>I have several questions:
> 1. Is there a way that I can tell what tablespace a table is on?
sqldba
connect internal
select * from dba_tables;

> 2. How can I know what tables in a specific tablespace?
sorted by tablespace;

> 3. How can I let the redo log file online for a tablespace
> when I startup the database server?

Are they not?

> 4. Are there any pre-defined stored procedures that I can query
> the tablespace or server information?

There are a number of books available that come with disks, as well as disk utilities put out by Oracle user groups. Check out any large technical bookstore. O'Reilly and associates, Wiley & Sons, etc. Even check out the indexes in the Oracle documentation to see what V$ are available.

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>