Re: Packing tables/indexes

From: Tom Reifinger <tomr_at_postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: 1995/10/08

In article <454he6$ld0_at_hpcc48.corp.hp.com>, jychan_at_corp.hp.com (Yuk Hon Johnny Chan) says:

>Tom Reifinger (tomr_at_postoffice.ptd.net) wrote:
>: I know that export import will compress tables/indexes to 1
 extent,
>: but how exactly do you get the table/index to drop unused
 blocks
>: due to data deletion?
>
>currently, the only way to do this is to export the table, truncate
 it,
>and re-import.

What do you mean by truncate? Do you mean to edit the storage parameters of the create statement of the export file? I know this works when you don't export rows, but when you do export rows it is difficult to edit that file with vi. Received on Sun Oct 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message