Re: Oracle7 for Win NT auto startup

From: Foad Shodjai <shodjai_at_sfu.ca>
Date: 1995/09/28

>[...]

> So, let's please stop saying we can automatically start a database
> instance with NT. We can't.
>
> I feel better,
>
> Jim Mumper

I got the following solution from Oracle Tech support. I have not implemented it yet, so take it as is:
  1. create a text file, say startdb.sql with the following content: connect internal/<passwd> startup exit
  2. There is a utility from Compuserve in the MS-Windows forum under the Windows NT header which is called "AutoExNt." This utility allows you to execute a batch file on startup of the machine. Get this utility and install it on your NT database server
  3. Make AutoExNt dependant on the Oracle Service. Services on NT are started alphabetically; Oracle Services MUST start BEFORE AutoExNt. to do this edit Registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SYSTEM->CurrentControlSet DependOnService:REG_MULTI_SZ:OracleServiceORDL (Replace ORCL with your SID)
  4. in C:\autoexnt.bat file then insert: _at_C:\orant\bin\sqldba71 startdb.sql

Foad Shodjai