Re: ** Barcodes using ReportWriter 2.0? **

From: Tom Langland <tlangland_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1995/09/27

     I have been working on doing this via Oracle Reports 2.0 on the Mac. The most flexible variation (and easiest, or so I thought) was to modify the sample program that came with the install. This was a module that would print the USPS bar codes at the bottom of mailing label. This required passing the zip-code to Oracle Graphics and it would draw the bar-code and sent the graphic back to reports. After modifying this to draw 3-of-9 bar code, I realized it wasn't clearing out the "old" graphic each time, and thus getting bar codes on top of bar codes. Going back to the original program, I noticed it had the same bug!! This one of their samples on the install and it doesn't WORK!!!

     I at least have the option of now using a 3-of-9 font. But the tar is still open with ORACLE on this one.

*tom*

In article <4495f2$k7b_at_usc.edu>, Mark Citron <mark_at_neurosci.usc.edu> wrote:

:I have been looking into printing bar codes for the past few months and
 have not come up with annything!
:It seemed that the easies way might be to acquire a bar codes print
 cartridge for the HP printer and just include
:the approriate escape sequences in reportwriter but it turns out that
 those cartridges are no longer being made.
:
:If ANYONE has any info on how to do bar codes on a unix system, I would
 appreciate hearing from you!
:
:Thanks for any suggestions.
:--