Re: Dynamic SQL vs normal SQL

From: Roger Snowden <snowden_at_haven.ios.com>
Date: 1995/09/27

Mats Rolfson (mrolf_at_plants.seisy.abb.se) wrote:
: We are planning to use dynamic SQL. But I'm unsure about the performance.
: How much slower is dynamic SQL versusr normal SQL?
: Is there anyone outthere in cyberspace whom have any experience?

With respect to sql parsing/processing at the server level, it's all the same stuff. Dynamic sql looks like any sql to the server. First time through it parses, then caches the statement, plugger host var substitutes as needed. No performance loss.

Roger Snowden
snowden_at_haven.ios.com
snowden_at_boystown.org Received on Wed Sep 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message