Re: Dynamic SQL vs normal SQL

From: Dale Bingham <bingham>
Date: 1995/09/26

I have some embedded sql programs and two dynamic sql statements and it depends, go figure.

If the dynamic sql statements are larger, i.e. have more columns to look at, join two tables, select on 20 where statements, then it is noticably longer to query the database, but I did not notice a big difference when trying to do the same query in dynamic sql method 4 or embedded sql.

The wora gateway on oracle's home page is a good example of dynamic sql method 4 as described in the oracle books on pl/sql.

of course this is my 2 cents.

Dale. Received on Tue Sep 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message