Re: Dynamic SQL vs normal SQL

From: Nick Langstone <nicklan_at_iconz.co.nz>
Date: 1995/09/28

In article <448ugd$9m6_at_sdaw04.seinf.abb.se>, mrolf_at_plants.seisy.abb.se says...

>We are planning to use dynamic SQL. But I'm unsure about the
 performance.
>How much slower is dynamic SQL versusr normal SQL?
>Is there anyone outthere in cyberspace whom have any experience?

I have implemented a fully dynamic Oracle SQL system that is that has a reasonably high loading, it handles it reasonlably well provided the user maintains a login session.

One problem we are having though, is every so often we get a core dump from Oracle and the session is killed. This only happens seldomly so I anyone knows what could cause this.......

Nick Received on Thu Sep 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message