Re: How to get a form to continually update it's display.

From: Sridhar Subramaniam <avion_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1995/09/23

Hi Craig,

How about :

  • Defining a global variable or a package variable equating to, say, sysdate. Say, the user can stay connected for only X mins and start_time is the global/package variable.
  • Start a timer in the ON-LOGON trigger of every form, with the timer value equal to the time the user can stay connected. If ( timer = sysdate - start_time) > 0 then thats the time the timer should count down. If value < 0 then prevent the log in. A when-timer-expired trigger, in every form, should force a log out. Note that the timer value in every form will be dynamic, with respect to the value in the global/package variable.
  • This should take care of call_forms/open_forms with or without new_session option.

Sounds okay to me - haven't tried this out though.

Keep me/newsgroup posted on how you go on this.

--
Cheers

Sridhar Subramaniam
Avion Consulting Services
Sydney - Australia
Email : avion_at_ozemail.com.au / ssubrama_at_nibucorp.ccdn.otc.com.au

Disclaimer : All opinions are truly and just mine.