Re: can I learn oracle without large database on my pc?

From: <mpope_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1995/09/23

Hi,

"Learning Oracle" is a big job that you learn taking little steps. You do not need  a
large database to learn most of the functions and to get a really comprehensive

grasp of the major concepts, including those involved in administering the database.

For other procedures, and especially for gaining a feel with situations that occur  with large databases, you need a large databse. But you won't need that until after  you've journeyed down the road a bit. Don't let that stop you before you even get  started. When you are ready for it, you'll probably "miraculously" find a way to  get access to the things you need.

As Gordon already said in his answer to you, "Go for it!"

Good Luck,
Mike Received on Sat Sep 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message