How to get a form to continually update it's display.

From: Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1995/09/20

Goal:

We are trying to get a forms 4.5 app. to execute a query every 10 sec and update it's screen.

Problem:

The problem is that when we use a trigger to perform this function if the focus leaves the form (as often happens in multi-form apps) that has the trigger associated with it the timer stops, pausing the when_timer_expired que. We have created the time at the form level.

Question: (call for HELP)

Is there any way to create the timer at the (application level)? So that no matter where the focus is the timer continues to function?

We also need to keep track of how long the user has been connected to the DB and after a preset time limit disconnect them.

Any sugguestions, tips. pointers, or comments are very welcome.

Craig Harper
IFTN Received on Wed Sep 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message