Re: Help: Datafile toasted; how do you get Oracle running again?

From: Matt Wu <mwu_at_tlsolutions.com>
Date: 1995/09/20

Thanks to all who replied to my question. I tried doing some of these things, but Oracle wouldn't let me. Creating a new database seems to be the best option, but it wouldn't work while I had the old control file around. So I moved the control file and now Oracle won't let me connect internal or startup nomount. Guess I can try putting the control files back, but it really is looking like a new install is the best way to take care of this. Anyway, it's time we upgraded from OracleWare 7.0 to Oracle Workgroup Server 7.1.whatever.

If anyone has any further suggestions for re-installing a database, though, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks again,

Matt
mwu_at_tlsolutions.com Received on Wed Sep 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message