dc_free_extents error

From: KEVIN GUNN <gunnk_at_winchcombe.win-uk.net>
Date: 1995/09/19

        Help new user in trouble. ORACLE 6.0 on a Digital VAX.

        I have a query of the form

        create table table1 as
        select A.*
        from table2 A, table3 B
        where A.field1 =  B.field2 ;

        The aim being to Export table1 as an archive of table2
        using the contents of field2 in table3 as the selection
        criteria.

        I get an error message of the form

        A.field1 =  B.field2
             *
        quota  ( parameter 'dc_free_extents' ) exceeded.

        dc_free_extents is not a parameter in my init.ora file
        so if it is a parameter that can be included in init.ora I
        assume the default value is active.

        If I am correct  can anyone tell me it's default value and
        offer  a suggestion as to what I should increase it to.

        Unfortunately I have no manuals I can refer to.

        Thanks in anticipation. Kev .