Re: dc_free_extents error

From: Antero.Elovaara <antero.elovaara_at_ivo.fi>
Date: 1995/09/20

gunnk_at_winchcombe.win-uk.net (KEVIN GUNN) wrote:

> Help new user in trouble. ORACLE 6.0 on a Digital VAX.

Stuff deleted

> dc_free_extents is not a parameter in my init.ora file
> so if it is a parameter that can be included in init.ora I
> assume the default value is active.
>
> If I am correct can anyone tell me it's default value
>

> Thanks in anticipation. Kev .

You can find its current value with sqldba: SQLDBA> connect internal
Connected.
SQLDBA> show parameter dc_free_extents

NAME                                TYPE    VALUE
----------------------------------- ------- ------------------------------
dc_free_extents                     integer 1500

or with sqlplus

SQL> select VALUE from v$parameter where NAME='dc_free_extents';

VALUE

1500

If You can't modify your SQL statement to waste less resources, You have to increase the value of dc_free_extents until it is big enough, I don't know any "scientific" way to determine its value.

Antero Elovaara
Dativo Oy
Finland Received on Wed Sep 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message