Re: OPO Opening a form in enter only mode

From: Michael Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1995/09/13

In article <4326jn$10d_at_topaz.ora.com>, hoberoi_at_belmont.com wrote:

> >2) Is it possible to bring up a form such that it shows its "LastRow"
>
> Restate question:
>
> How to open a form such that a user is:
> (kind of form.EntryOnly())
> a) presented with an empty form with blank fields.
> b) The user does not see records already in the database.
> c) Once the user is done one can write the recordset to the database
> using standard OPO methods.

Big difference. I (and Rick) thought you wanted to have all of the records already queried, presumably so you could browse through them. There is no order to the records in a relation (aka table) and hence there is no such "last record" as you had asked. You just want to open a form that's ready to insert a record (note the terminology - you "insert", you don't "append"). Put this in the initializewindow method of the window:

inherited.initializewindow()
insertrow()

No more agonizing delay! If you are inserting into a table other than the one that is the recordsource of the top-level form, use container_name.insertrow().

As to your original question 1, I don't see any way to call QBF either. Maybe if we ask nicely they'll add it in an update. It must be a simple method call somewhere in the bowels of OPO. Regards,

Michael Kranzdorf                                    mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust                                  610.941.9292