Re: Win/NT, Windows/95 & 16/32 bit ODBC

From: <dscott_at_is.alltel.com>
Date: 1995/09/13

In article <kenhui.25.000F8F4A_at_wnet.gov.edmonton.ab.ca>, >
> >I have seen several people lately who are having issues with SQL*Net, ODBC
> >and either Windows/NT or Windows/95. What I have found is the following:

> > IF you are running 16 bit applications then you neet to run
> > 16 bit ODBC and SQL*Net for Windows 3.1

> > IF you are running 32 bit applications then you need to run
> > 32 bit ODBC and SQL*Net for Windows/NT
> > I don't know that SQL*Net for Windows/NT works on Windows/95.
>
> I have had success using sqlnet tcpip 1.1.6.something for NT running under
> Windows/95. I do not know if it is "supported" though. I haven't tried any

> versions of sqlnet 2 yet.
>
> Ken

Where can I get the 32 bit version of the Oracle ODBC drivers? I do not want to be forced to buy ones from Q+E (100+ per seat). I am currently using the Microsoft's 16 bit version, but I want to create 32 bit appls.

Thanks for any comments/clues. Received on Wed Sep 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message