OPO Opening a form in enter only mode

From: <hoberoi_at_belmt20>
Date: 1995/09/11

I had asked:>

>2) Is it possible to bring up a form such that it shows its "LastRow"

> The way I am doing it now is to do this
> frm1.OpenWindow()
> frm1.QueryWhere("s_id=-1") where I know that column s_id can
> never be -1.

Rick Greenwald's suggestion was:

 :One way might be to GetRowCount() for the recordset and then GoPos() for
 :the container to take you to the last row.  I'm not crazy about the way
 :you have described, since you are asking for an artificial condition.

However if one has lots of records in the database then this strategy makes things run very slow (but the QueryWhere(s_id=-1) technique has the same problem), with one important difference: the user can only see the records entered (the requery options have been removed from the menubar/toolbar).

Restate question:

How to open a form such that a user is:
(kind of form.EntryOnly())

  1. presented with an empty form with blank fields.
  2. The user does not see records already in the database.
  3. Once the user is done one can write the recordset to the database using standard OPO methods.

Himanshu Received on Mon Sep 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message