Re: V7.2 - How to reduce exe sizes

From: David Roberts <roberts_at_scd.teradyne.com>
Date: 1995/09/07

I was able to reduce the size of one executable from 2.3-Mbytes to 150-Kbytes on a Sun SPARC 10 with Solaris 2.4, and Oracle 7.2.2.3 with Pro*C 2.1.2. I only had to modify ORACLE_HOME/proc/lib/proc.mk to fit my environment. Unfortunately, Oracle has not taken advantage of the shared libraries for their own stuff; their programs are still incredibly huge.

Dave Roberts (roberts_at_scd.teradyne.com)