V7.2 - How to reduce exe sizes

From: Daryl Erwin <derwin_at_mach2.wlu.ca>
Date: 1995/09/02

Well we finally got 7.2 for the Sequent and now we're trying to take advantage of the rumoured "shared libraries"to reduce our exe sizes. Granted doing nohting special has reduced them to half of their inflated sizes but how can I go farthere?

I notice in the proc.mk there is reference to "shared"and then using a special library call but we don't have this requested library (something like "clntsh").

Any assistance? (Please e-mail as well thanks).

--
Daryl Erwin                                     Net Address: derwin_at_mach2.WLU.CA
Information Systems                             Surface Mail: P4-10, Main Campus